Bushcraft knives are basically designed to be versatile in nature. These types of knives are generally fixed and they could also be mounted on a stick as a stab. Moreover, their handles are quite easy to maintain and its sheaths are easily portable. If you are a bushcrafter, it is certain that you need the finest bushcraft knife which could assist you to effortlessly accomplish day-to-day wilderness tasks. These tasks include skinning hunted animals, shedding tree limbs, or cutting woods. In order to pick the finest Bushcraft Knife, it is advisable to focus on a few of the major factors like handle profile as well as the blade profile. Now make a wise decision when you go on to buy the best Bushcraft knife by first reading the details of the 10 best models available in the market.
- Check Out The Top 10 Best Bushcraft Knives in 2020
- 10. Schrade SCHF36 Steel Fixed Blade Knife:
- 9. ESEE Knives ESEE-3MIL-P Knife:
- 8. Ontario Black Bird SK-5 Knife:
- 7. Buck Knives 863 Selkirk Knife:
- 6. Tops B.O.B. Brothers of Bushcraft Survival Knife:
- 5. Handmade Bushcraft & Hunting Knife from Perkin:
- 4. 1086284 Ontario Knife Co RTAK-II Knife:
- 3. Ka-Bar Becker BK2 Campanion Knife:
- 2. Condor Tool & Knife Condor Tool:
- 1. Bushcraft Carbon Steel Survival Knife from Morakniv:
- Also Read
Check Out The Top 10 Best Bushcraft Knives in 2020
10. Schrade SCHF36 Steel Fixed Blade Knife:
The brand –Schrade is well-known for creating reliable knives that are ideal for different outdoor adventures. If you go out for camping, hiking, executing bushcraft or any other outdoor activities, this Bushcraft Knife from Schrade is your best and strong companion.
- You can confidently carry this blade without worrying about it getting slipped. The high security is ensured with the inclusion of front quillon, finger choil, and thumb and grip jimping.
- Quick and effortless access is conveyed with the use of a polyester belt sheath.
- High durability is ensured because this blade is prepared from 1095 powder coated steel along with a TPE handle that comes in a ring texture.
- It is a kind of stoutly-built knife that is intended to withstand excessive abuse for long-term use.
- You can use it for emergency use, like breaking windows, rod work, eliminating back bands and tenderloins from the occasional gubbermint goat, etc.
9. ESEE Knives ESEE-3MIL-P Knife:
This Bushcraft Knife model is the first one from ESEE that laid the foundation for all the successive models. After completing the design of rat-3 for Ontario Knife Company, this model served to be the first design conveyed by Esee Knives. Since the knives are manufactured from high carbon 1095 steel, you can rely on its strength and regular use.
- It comes with a lightweight design, thin profile and lots of sheath options that makes it’s a perfect knife for law enforcement and military teams.
- The handle material uses Micarta and the sheath are made up of foliage green molded polymer. Both these aspects suggest high durability of this knife.
- Its blade is finished with a black powder coat to give shiny look and high durability.
- This knife is a lightweight product because it weighs 5.20 oz and with sheath, it weighs 9.30 oz.
8. Ontario Black Bird SK-5 Knife:
It was Paul Sheiter who designed this Ontario Bushcraft Knife model. The person expressed the opinion when asked about. As per Sheiter, when the product becomes more complicated, it is more likely to fail when your life relies on it. Due to this reason, Sheiter designed this knife to attain supreme function delivered using the pure simplicity.
- Its blade is manufactured from American made 154CM steel. This steel is renowned for its supreme toughness, sharpness, edge-retaining capacity, and corrosion resistance.
- The blade thickness is 0.13 inch and it presents a full-taper grind.
- In order to deliver a comfortable grip, the perimeter of its handle is rounded.
- Its handle is firmly attached to the knife tang with the use of stainless steel Allen screws. This ensures a well-crafted design.
- This knife comes with a MOLLE compatible sheath along with belt loop that presents a sturdy protective insert.
- Its blade grind assumes full flat tapered design that ensures excellent hardness and easy handling.
- The material used in making the sheath is Nylon and the sheath is Molle compatible.
- The open length of the knife is 10-inch which makes it an easy to carry type product.
7. Buck Knives 863 Selkirk Knife:
When you wish to carry Bushcraft Knife in rocky and tough conditions, this one is an ideal product to try. The knife is named after the rocky Selkirk mountain range that begins in Idaho’s Northern Panhandle. Basically, it is a mid-sized knife that packs many additional features to maximize survival in tough conditions.
- In order to enhance sharpness, the knife uses razor-sharp blade of 4-5/8″ Drop Point 420HC steel.
- The knife is intended to deliver outstanding strength, and it comes with corrosion resistance and edge retention features.
- With its overall length of 9-1/2″, it would not occupy much space. Moreover, it is a lightweight knife, so it would be easy to carry it around.
- The knife incorporates an injection molded nylon sheath. For easy portability, you can easily configure it into vertical or horizontal belt carry.
- During emergency situations, the fire striker with whistle included in the grip helps a lot.
- In order to present ultimate security, it comes with a contoured Micarta handle with steel support. This assists you to securely grip the knife while you work.
- You can use the steel bolster as an ad hoc hammer for outdoor use.
6. Tops B.O.B. Brothers of Bushcraft Survival Knife:
Brothers of Bushcraft knives are found extremely for skinning, carving, and other common woods work. It comes with 1095 high carbon steel blade that is finished with partial coyote tan finish. This implies how well-crafted the knife is.
- The handle uses Olive green linen micarta material. It is found that these handles present a divot which you can use as the opening for the fire bow drill tasks.
- It comes with a finger guard and lanyard hole for efficient use.
- For easy portability, the knife features a Kydex belt sheath along with the metal clip. It also includes Ferro-rod attachment point.
- You can use the fire starter and black colored survival whistle.
- For enhancing the blade sharpness, the blade is made up of Plain Edge Drop Point and finished with Coyote Tan.
5. Handmade Bushcraft & Hunting Knife from Perkin:
Are you looking for a Bushcraft Knife that comes with a razor sharp blade so that you can connect different items? Well, this knife model from Perkin is an ideal choice for you. The aspect that makes it extraordinary is the use of 01carbon steel in its blade construction. This knife includes a durable heft that is convenient for batoning wood.
- For easy portability and easy access, the knife includes a handmade leather sheath.
- In order to let you handle it comfortably, the knife comes with a walnut wood handle that is found to be non-slip and wear-resistant. The handles are prepared from high-quality materials for enhancing strength and durability.
- Its leather sheath is handmade, so utmost care is taken in its design.
- You can easily cut hard material with its sharp blade.
- There is a 90-degree edge on its spine which works seamlessly for a ferrocerium rod.
- The knife comes with a few grip options for accomplishing carving and many other bushcraft duties.
- Its sheath is well-crafted and fits perfectly.
- The belt loop has a convenient size; therefore, it would conveniently fit many belt sizes.
4. 1086284 Ontario Knife Co RTAK-II Knife:
Recognized as a highly durable Bushcraft Knife, this product from Ontario Knife is committed for long-term use with appealing blade finish. Located in beautiful Southern Tier of New York State, the Company -Ontario Knife manufactures one of the best, most comprehensive and wide-ranging items in the cutlery field.
- The knife is made up of 5160 carbon steel, and its handles are made from canvas-textured Micarta material. This makes it a durable product.
- Its blade comes with foliage green texture and careful powder coated non-reflective material.
- For firmness while use, its full tang blades are securely hardened to the 54-56 HRc.
- For comfort, while used, the knife includes a nylon sheath. The sheath is heavy duty and when you apply your creativity, you can use the pocket as well as the webbing on it, in order to prepare a kit.
3. Ka-Bar Becker BK2 Campanion Knife:
Those who are looking for the best companion for their camping, hunting, and different outdoor activities should try this Bushcraft Knife from the brand. It is a kind of full tang heavy duty knife, perfect for all the camping chores. The knife is made in Olean New York, U.S.A and designed by Ethan Becker.
- You can easily secure this knife in the sheath. Once this is done, there is a point on the rear side of the sheath where you could impose pressure using your thumb to liberate the knife.
- For utmost safety, this knife locks into a fixed place. Therefore, there are no chances of the knife falling out.
- For enhancing the strength, the knife incorporates a hard shell black nylon sheath.
2. Condor Tool & Knife Condor Tool:
The present model of Survival Knife from the brand Condor Tool and Knife holds its outback to 1787. Made complete using the blasted satin finish, this knife is capable to assume this finish with the help of sand or bead flashing the uncovered metal part of the blade. Its manufacture makes use of the supreme quality cutlery and tools.
- The overall look is made classic with its hardwood handle scales. These scales are firmly held using the two brass rivets.
- The leather sheath is incorporated in this knife.
- You can choose from different colors: gray, brown, black, etc.
- Its manufacture includes 1075 high carbon steel to ensure high strength.
- The handles are made up of hardwood micarta material to allow easy grip.
- The overall dimension of this knife is compact and would easily fit in your hands.
- There are total 44 sculpted vents and its soft pads are replaceable.
1. Bushcraft Carbon Steel Survival Knife from Morakniv:
This Bushcraft Knife from Morakniv is recognized as an indispensable tool for suiting a wide range of hunting, tactical, emergency, and outdoor applications.
- It makes use of high carbon steels that can work well for the applications that need high durability and recurrent regrinding.
- At its core, there is a razor-sharp, heavily built thick carbon steel blade. This blade is finished with a superb coating of tungsten DLC based anti-corrosive coating.
- The inclusion of scandi grind lets it an ideal knife for a variety of applications. This is because it secures this knife from falling off easily. The grind would bite into the surface and would not get stuck. It is made sharp for long-term use.
- The blade comes with a length of 109 mm and is made relatively thin. So, you can easily carve different items.
- It comes with a black plastic sheath that can firmly hold a Morakniv Fire Starter.
- The product highlights a built-in diamond sharpener. This lets it simple to sharpen the blade.
- There is a belt loop included in its plastic sheath. This would allow the knife to stay securely at your side.
- It is a lightweight product with a net weight of 229 g.
- The blade’s spine is ridge ground in order that it could be easily used with the Morakniv fire starter, capable to last for around 7,000 strikes. This would emit a 3,000-degree spark during the wet condition.
- Its ergonomic handle equipped with high-friction type rubber grip provides you the feeling of easy control. This would simplify the cutting tasks in a unique way.
It is true that the Bushcraft Knives does not always offer the same quality, use, performance, and design. Hence, it is vital to learn which model is best suited for your needs. To make the informed decision, you can dive deep into its specifications and features. Also, you can look at these types of supreme quality Bushcraft Knives available on the market as discussed to make the best decision.