With the advancement in digitalization, the security of people is enhanced in an incredible way. The digital security concept targets to secure people from any unexpected frauds and loss of money. It is known that the use of digital passwords has helped a lot to ensure digital security is offered at the best. However, digit passwords could not completely protect your valuable information on the devices you use from hackers. Due to this reason, there is a requirement to adopt a novel method of security and for identity confirmation. In such cases, biometric systems come into the picture.
Digital security is ensured in the best possible way with the help of a fingerprint scanner. Basically, it is a technology that is generally used to recognize and verify the identity of the person using the fingerprint. Once the authentication is done, the scanner allows the person to access a computer or also a physical place. It is found that a fingerprint scanner is made in such a manner that it functions fast. For protecting your identity and information in the best way, let’s look at the different fingerprint sensors available in the market in 2019:
- Table Of The Best Fingerprint Scanners in 2019
- 10. Eikon Mini USB Fingerprint Reader:
- 9. Verifi P5100 Fingerprint Reader for Windows 7/8/10:
- 8. Futronic FS88H FIPS201/PIV USB 2.0:
- 7. iDOO Lockey USB Fingerprint Scanner:
- 6. BIO-key EcoID Fingerprint Reader:
- 5. Cogitable Solutions LLC IDOL Fingerprint Reader:
- 4. Digital Persona 88003-001U.are.u 4500 Reader:
- 3. Kensington VeriMark USB Fingerprint Scanner:
- 2. Verifi P2000 Premium Metal Fingerprint Reader:
- 1. PQI Mini USB Fingerprint Reader:
Table Of The Best Fingerprint Scanners in 2019
10. Eikon Mini USB Fingerprint Reader:
The Mini USB type fingerprint reader from Eikon would log in to your PC that uses Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 OS. You can now sign-in to your Windows PC or laptop with the help of your fingerprint. The method used by the reader is considered as the simplest and most secure approach to unlock as well as sign-in to your laptop.
- This fingerprint reader is capable to support the latest Windows 10 Hello and Windows 8.1 OS. It can easily work with the Microsoft Windows sign-in settings, and there is no need of installing any software.
- At the login screen, a person can opt to sign in using some different information like PIN or password.
- The device is compatible with the “Windows Hello” from Microsoft.
- Windows Hello on your PC would accept data from this fingerprint reader during the setup. Later is prepares a data representation that is encrypted and saved on your PC.
- Every time you make use of this fingerprint reader, it is found that the real-time data generated from your fingerprint would be compared directly to the encrypted information already saved on your pc.
- The accuracy of sensing your fingerprint is high.
9. Verifi P5100 Fingerprint Reader for Windows 7/8/10:
Now bid goodbye to the hassles faced of remembering the password. With the help of this fingerprint scanner model from Verifi, you can easily log on to your PC and also to your favorite websites through the touch of your finger.
- There is no need to remember the password, just place your finger over the receiver whenever the screen prompts you to enter username or password.
- The scanner is compatible with Windows 7, 8 and 10. Moreover, it can also work with Windows HELLO.
- For efficient use, the scanner comes with Roboform Free Edition password manager.
- There are no chances of the device to stop working frequently because it comes with the state of the art silicon touch sensor placed inside the all-metal housing.
- Once you plug it in, you can instantly configure Hello in order to use it as a fingerprint scanner.
- It only takes a few minutes to scan a couple of fingers.
8. Futronic FS88H FIPS201/PIV USB 2.0:
The present model of fingerprint scanner from Futronic is recognized as an improved version of the FS80H USB2.0. The scanner is certified by the FBI to be compatible with the PIV-071006 Image Quality Specification for single finger scanner.
- The scanner’s unique serial number is essentially factory-programmed, and this allows easy tracking. This feature is considered vital for different government identity management based projects.
- It comes with the Live Finger Detection (LFD) feature which works to reject fake fingers prepared out of materials like silicone, play-doh or rubber.
- The scanner incorporates a rugged sensor equipped with a 14mm thick sensor. This type of arrangement enhances the security and durability of this fingerprint sensor.
- This scanner is accomplished to capture a fingerprint image on different platforms like Windows, Linux or a MAC.
- You need to install appropriate software to run this scanner efficiently. The process to get the software is easy. You can easily search Amazon for “capss pawnbroker” in order to get a solution bundle precise to the pawnbrokers.
- The inclusion of precise optics enables the scanner to accurately scan even the undistorted fingerprint image
- It comes with the infra-red illumination that enables the scanner to scan dry, wet, blurred and distorted fingers.
7. iDOO Lockey USB Fingerprint Scanner:
It may seem a troublesome task for you to enter a password every time to log in to the PC or laptop. Also, it is annoying when someone else uses your computer because your confidential data may be at risk. All such concerns are resolved by purchasing this fingerprint sensor from the mentioned brand. It’s the finest gift you could present to your friends, family, partner, etc. and they would be benefited a lot if they dislike remembering passwords
- The sensor works seamlessly with laptop or PC that has Windows 10/7/8/8.1 OS.
- It would instantly provide access to your laptop and files. This way, you can save a lot of time and make your work more productive.
- There are no issues of private data leaking.
- This device is also designed for Microsoft Windows HELLO and it can support the advanced- Windows 10 Hello and Windows 7, and Windows 8/8.1 OS.
- It works based on the unique file encryption mechanism. This mechanism is such that it would easily lock your files in a single step. Moreover, it comes with the free software that presents cutting-edge encryption function.
- With the use of quicker than quicksilver, the device is capable to identify your fingerprint in less than 0.15 second. In this way, it would save your time during sign in.
6. BIO-key EcoID Fingerprint Reader:
EcoID is found out to be a compact in design, high-quality, and USB fingerprint reader. The intention behind the manufacture of this scanner is to facilitate individuals and organizations with a reliable option to meet their hardware requirements while incorporating fingerprint biometric authentication inside their login processes.
- The scanner works to improve security and workflow by substituting slower, less protected sign-on techniques.
- This scanner is compatible with Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 OS with a USB port. This enables its users to extensively use Windows Hello and Passport biometric login platforms.
- In the market, this is the only scanner device that can successfully pass the Microsoft’s strict accuracy and security testing qualification procedure. This enables the scanner to proudly hold the Microsoft Hello-Ready mark.
- Using this device, it only takes a few minutes for the enrollment process. Once enrolled, users can use the scanner on different devices to attain quick authentication by substituting conventional passwords through the straightforward and significant influence of touch.
- The scanner is compatible with Windows Hello so it enables reliable authentication to the supported websites and apps.
5. Cogitable Solutions LLC IDOL Fingerprint Reader:
Equipped with the fast and easy-to-use login system, this fingerprint reader from IDOL enables you to conveniently use the login system without remembering password or username. This fingerprint reader is considered as the most secure and reliable approach to providing access to a computer, laptop or tablet.
- This scanner works seamlessly with Microsoft Windows 10 HELLO as well as Windows 8.1 OS, without any extra software installation. In this way, it delivers the most secure and useful way to secure access to the Windows laptop.
- It implements the AuthenTec AES2510 fingerprint sensor technology and this technique was attained by Apple to serve as the foundation of the TouchID iPad and iPhone fingerprint reader technique.
- Contrasting to the outdated USB fingerprint readers equipped with lengthy USB cables, this compact fingerprint reader would stay plugged in all the time. Thus, the mess of cables is eliminated.
- The packaging includes this fingerprint reader, Windows 8.1 Quick Start guide, Windows 10 Quick Start guide, and guide on fingerprint placement best practices.
4. Digital Persona 88003-001U.are.u 4500 Reader:
If you are looking for a reliable fingerprint sensor that presents the advanced security technology and awesome pixel resolution, go for this one. It comes with the 512 dpi pixel resolution, and wide scan capture area. This device is perfect for home or office uses.
- It comes with the blue colored LED light that would fit conveniently into any surrounding. Moreover, it would quickly adapt to low light environments.
- Your eyes would not be affected by this LED light.
- The scanner is dedicated to improving your PC security, Mobile PCs, or several other custom applications.
- It is designed in a compact size, so it would not occupy much space.
- The strong construction incorporates high-quality metal casing in order to avoid undesired movement. This enhances its stability and strength.
3. Kensington VeriMark USB Fingerprint Scanner:
Designed to provide easy, fast, and secure login facility, this fingerprint sensor implements the ideal two-factor authentication mechanism. It works to protect you against the illicit access on compromised devices. Moreover, it also provides extraordinary cybersecurity for the contemporary cloud-based world.
- The implementation of advanced fingerprint technology works to blend exceptional biometric performance, 360° readability, and anti-spoofing protection.
- This scanner is found to be FIDO U2F Certified.
- With the simple touch of a fingerprint, users can protect their cloud-based accounts like Google, GitHub, Dropbox, and Facebook. This is successfully accomplished with FIDO second-factor authentication.
- It comes with the compact design that allows easy attachment to a standard key ring. In this way, the device proved to be highly portable.
- You can easily sign-in to the Windows with your fingerprint, without remembering usernames and passwords.
- The scanner is compatible with Windows 10/8.1/7 desktops and platforms, and Windows Hello.
2. Verifi P2000 Premium Metal Fingerprint Reader:
Without any hassles, you can log in to your computer and the chosen websites with the single touch of a finger. It is fine if you cannot remember username and passwords. Just place the finger over its receiver to simplify the login process.
- The scanner works only with Windows 7, 8 and 10 OS. You need to disable antivirus while installing.
- You can easily login to the Windows Hello.
- It includes Roboform Free Edition password manager in order to facilitate fingerprint login to any applications and websites.
- The presence of advanced silicon slide sensor inside the all-metal housing ensures high strength and stability.
- You can refer the CD to remove any confusion. Also, you can use drivers, quick start guide, and RoboForm Free Edition.
1. PQI Mini USB Fingerprint Reader:
Recognized as one of the fastest fingerprint identification system in the world, you can use this fingerprint scanner from PQI that is capable to recognize your fingerprint in 0.15 second.
- The scanner is compatible with Window 7,8 & 10 Hello.
- With the help of fingerprint password, you can easily secure your confidential data without remembering the complicated password.
- You can browse the PQI website or can easily scan the QR code given on the package in order to download the driver.
- The features like website login function (for IE and Chrome browsers) and featured file encryption works to lock your files in a single step.
- It comes with 360°all-round removable pad. The pad is found to be more precise and responsive than conventional optics.
- The device allows the setup of maximum 10 fingerprint IDs.
Whenever you require securing confidential data on your laptop, computer or electronic device, the use of the fingerprint scanner is the best. These devices allow the reader to keep undesired users away when using the login process. The secure technology implemented in these scanners incorporates software and hardware to provide ultimate security. No chances of fraud or misuse are recorded ever.