Are you looking for a replacement charger for your MacBook Air after losing your original one or after it suddenly stopped working? Are you tired of low battery in only an hour of use and slow charging? Poor quality chargers can be a pain. Finding a good one can be much of a more significant pain considering the number of MacBook Air Chargers you can see in the market. Worry not, we have you covered.
- List of Top 12 MacBook Air chargers in 2020 on Amazon.com
- 1. Apple 45W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter (for MacBook Air)
- 2. 61W USB C Charger Power Adapter
- 3.Mac Book Air Charger, 45W T-Tip AC 2 Power Adapter Charger for MacBook Air 11-Inch and 13-Inch (for MacBook Air Released After Mid 2012)
- 4. Mac Book Air Charger, Great Replacement 45W Magsafe 2 Magnetic T-Tip Power Adapter Charger for MacBook Air 11-inch and 13-inch (Mid 2012 or Later) (White)
- 5.Compatible with Mac Book Air Charger, AC 45W Magsafe 1 L-Tip Power Adapter Replacement Charger Compatible with Mac Book Air 11/13 inch (Before Mid 2012) (White)
- 6.DODAUG Macbook Air Charger 45W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter Magnetic T-Tip for MacBook Air 11-inch and 13-inch (After Mid 2012)
- 7 Hebest Replacement 45W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter T-Tip Magnetic Connector Charger for MacBook Air 11 inch and 13 inches (45T)
- 8. MacBook Air Charger 45W Magsafe 2 T-Tip – Laptop Charger Adapter Compatible with 2012-2017 MacBook Air 11-13 inch | Charge Phone, Tablet, Mac from One Plug Point | Mac Charger & Power Adapter
- 9. MacBook Air Charger, 45W T-Tip Magsafe 2 Laptop Charger Adapter Compatible with MacBook Air 11-Inch and 13-Inch | USB C 18W PD Charger |Charge Phone, Mac from One Plug Point |Mac Charger Power Adapter
- 10. MacBook Air Charger, 45W T-Tip Magsafe 2 Laptop Adapter Compatible with MacBook Air 11-Inch and 13-Inch | USB C 18W PD Charger |Charge Phone,Mac from One Plug Point |Mac Charger Power Adapter
- 11. SiliconV Charger Repalcement for Mac Book Air 11 inch 13 Inch After 2012 Charger AC 45W Magsafe 2 T-Tip Connector Power Adapter
- 12. SorsnA Charger,Replacement for MacBook Air Charger with 11Inch 13 Inch Display After Mid 2012 Ac 45W Magsafe 2 Power Adapter T-tip Connector
- Buyer’s Guide for Buying a Charger for your Macbook Air
- FAQ about MacBook Air Charger
- What is the type of Mac Book Air Charger
- Can you use your iPhone charger to charge your MacBook?
- Can you use a MacBook Pro charger on a MacBook Air?
- Can you charge your MacBook air with power bank?
- Can you use your iPhone charger to charge your MacBook Air?
- Will the wrong charger damage your MacBook?
- What if you continue charging your laptop for long hours?
- What if you buy a local charger for MacBook?
List of Top 12 MacBook Air chargers in 2020 on Amazon.com
Below are our Top 12 MacBook Air chargers that our experts have chosen and tested so that we could bring for you detailed reviews along with the strengths and shortcomings of each product.
1. Apple 45W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter (for MacBook Air)
Apple 45W is the MacBook Air official charger, is priced much higher than the other replacements but is made explicitly for MacBook Air. The magnetic DC Connector keeps it in place, and even if someone trips over it, it will disconnect innocuously.
Your notebook would stay put safely. It is compatible with an 11- inch or a 13- inch MacBook Air and is known for its excellent performance and high quality. Being an original Apple product the confidence customers put into it is on another level. Get yours now and enjoy quick and long-lasting charging in your notebook.
- Original Apple product
- Known for quality
- Heats up
- The power cord doesn’t last long
2. 61W USB C Charger Power Adapter
Having 61W USB C Charger Power Adapter will definitely provide you with satisfaction while you are charging your MacBook. This adapter is portable and is very convenient for those who likes to carry their MacBook along with them most all the time. Besides, its speed of charging is fast that it needs only 2.1 hours to fully charge you MacBook Pro 13”.
What is more special about this adapter is that it is not only able to charge with Apple MacBook 13” 2016/2017/2018, Apple MacBook 12” 2015 (A1534 A1706 A1707 A1708), new MacBook Air, iPad Pro 2018, it also can be used with Google Pixel book, Dell XPS 13/12, and other USB C.
- safe and cool when charging
- with circuit protection design
- overheating and over-voltage protection
- not compatible with MacBook pro 15”
- only able to use with USB
3.Mac Book Air Charger, 45W T-Tip AC 2 Power Adapter Charger for MacBook Air 11-Inch and 13-Inch (for MacBook Air Released After Mid 2012)
If you want to charge your MacBook Air quickly, having GEDDIE Mac Book Air 45w charger, one of the top-notch product, is your best selection. With its design, it focuses on safety of the users. It uses T-Tip Magnetic 5-pin DC connector and has system against over-current, over-voltage and overload. The AC is 100-240V 50-60hz with output of 14.85V/3.05a/45W. In addition to this, it does have short-circuit protection and auto recovery, which is very beneficial to your MacBook Air battery.
This adapter is compatible with MacBook Air 11″/13″ for MacBook Air released after mid 2012. This product has been recognized by UL/CE/FCC/RoHS.
- reasonable price
- safe to use with system against over-current, over-voltage, overload and with short-circuit protection and auto recovery
- short length of cord
4. Mac Book Air Charger, Great Replacement 45W Magsafe 2 Magnetic T-Tip Power Adapter Charger for MacBook Air 11-inch and 13-inch (Mid 2012 or Later) (White)
Unlike the first generation, this charger can be used with MacBook Air 11” and 13” and the speed of charging will satisfy its users. You can rest assured by using this charger since it can disconnect automatically in case the cable has problems which will not affect your battery life.
Another specific functions of this charger are safeguarding against incorrect voltage, short circuit and internal overheating. This product has been certified with CE/FCC/RoHS. If you buy this product, you can receive 12 months service and 1 month refund with quality problems.
- Safety for battery
- Safeguarding against IV, SC and IO
- A bit expensive comparing to similar product
5.Compatible with Mac Book Air Charger, AC 45W Magsafe 1 L-Tip Power Adapter Replacement Charger Compatible with Mac Book Air 11/13 inch (Before Mid 2012) (White)
Mac Book Air Charger, AC 45W Magsafe 1 L-Tip Power Adapter is compatible with Mac Book Air 11″ / 13″ except 2012 MacBook with Retina Display or T-Shape. With high technology, it is designed to protect your MacBook Air from incorrect voltage, short circuit and internal overheating.
Regarding to the speed of charging, please rest assured! This product can match up with your satisfaction.
- Fast charging
- Compatible with most Mac Book Air 11″ / 13″
- A bit expensive
6.DODAUG Macbook Air Charger 45W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter Magnetic T-Tip for MacBook Air 11-inch and 13-inch (After Mid 2012)
Having DODAUG Macbook Air Charger 45W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter will match with your expectation. It has a strong and flexible cord, resistance of low temperature, protection on over current, over voltage, over load, short circuit and auto recovery. Its high-speed charging is also one of its known function.
This charger can be used with MacBook Air 11 inches and 13 inches from the mid of 2012 until 2017. Using this product will secure the problems of your MacBook’s battery.
- High quality cord
- Length of the cord
7 Hebest Replacement 45W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter T-Tip Magnetic Connector Charger for MacBook Air 11 inch and 13 inches (45T)
Hebest places customer satisfaction on top of everything else. With its 24/7 technical support, 18 month warranty, high quality and superb performance it keeps all of its customers happy and gratified. Its safety features include protection against overcurrent, overload, overvoltage, and short circuits.
You can fold this charger as compact as you want and place it in your bag without damaging its cables. The MacBook Air replacement charger is compatible with a range of models but make sure it’s compatible with yours before you purchase it!
- Reasonably priced
- Works as well as original
- Reported overheating and melting
- Short life
8. MacBook Air Charger 45W Magsafe 2 T-Tip – Laptop Charger Adapter Compatible with 2012-2017 MacBook Air 11-13 inch | Charge Phone, Tablet, Mac from One Plug Point | Mac Charger & Power Adapter
This multi-functional MacBook Air Charger 45W Magsafe 2 T-Tip is designed not only for charging MacBook, but it also can be used for charging phone and tablet as well. You can charge your MacBook Air, iPhone, iPad, Note8, S8, LG, Google phone and other USB devices in the same adapter at the same time.
The cord is very durable and it stays cool while you use it for long time and you do not have to worry about the overheating. This charger is compatible with MacBook Air 11 inches and 13 inches from mid 2013 till 2017.
- multi-functional charger
- reliability and longevity
- 3 year warranty
- Pricier than other similar products
9. MacBook Air Charger, 45W T-Tip Magsafe 2 Laptop Charger Adapter Compatible with MacBook Air 11-Inch and 13-Inch | USB C 18W PD Charger |Charge Phone, Mac from One Plug Point |Mac Charger Power Adapter
USB C 18W PD Charger is one of the best chargers ever created. With this charger, you can both charge your MacBook Air and other device at the same time. You can charge your phone or tablet with the additional slot on the adapter; as a result, there is no need to carry your phone or tablet charger anymore. This product can be equipped with MacBook Air 11”/13” from mid 2012 till 2017.
Regarding to its quality, USB C 18W PD Charger is a worry-free. Its charging speed is quite fast, and it has overheating protection. The electric power of this charger is AC 100-240V 50-60Hz with the output of 14.85V 3.05A 45W.
- Reasonable price
- Fast charging phone battery
- Warranty for 24 months
- Only 2 ports available for charging
10. MacBook Air Charger, 45W T-Tip Magsafe 2 Laptop Adapter Compatible with MacBook Air 11-Inch and 13-Inch | USB C 18W PD Charger |Charge Phone,Mac from One Plug Point |Mac Charger Power Adapter
MacBook Air Charger 45W T-Tip (USB C 18W PD Charger) has functions which allow the users to charge both their MacBook Air and other accessories such as phones or tablets. This charger is designed with quick charging system that has 3.0 power delivery. What is more, within 30 minutes your phone can be charged by using only 50% electricity.
USB C 18W PD Charger can be used with MacBook 11”/13” made from mid 2012 till 2017. It is also known for its performance, too. The power cords can stay cool and is very persistence comparing to other third party mac charger. You will have no worry on the overheating.
- Reasonable price
- Charging with other devices and MacBook Air at the same tim
- Only 2 ports for changing devices – one for MacBook and phone or tablet.
11. SiliconV Charger Repalcement for Mac Book Air 11 inch 13 Inch After 2012 Charger AC 45W Magsafe 2 T-Tip Connector Power Adapter
Inbuilt with smart LED light, SiliconV Charger AC 45W has best quality hardware which provides reliable safety. It will safeguard your MacBook Air 11”/13” from overcharging, overheating, high surge of current and voltage and short circuit. Plus, it has 70 inch long cord. This charger is compatible with MacBook Air 11”/13” (2012-2015 models).
If you always travel and bring your MacBook Air along, this charger will be a good companion as it is easy to carry and store. Furthermore, you can enjoy 1 year warranty
- Long cable
- Reasonable price
- Not compatible with MacBook Air model above 2015
12. SorsnA Charger,Replacement for MacBook Air Charger with 11Inch 13 Inch Display After Mid 2012 Ac 45W Magsafe 2 Power Adapter T-tip Connector
SorsnA Charger 45W is will give a satisfied experience as it is well constructed and it is compatible with MacBook Air 11″ and 13″ after 2012 with models of A1435, A1465, A1466. What is special about this charger is its charging speed and protection on overheating. After fully charged, it will automatically cut off, so there is no worry for safety.
This product is certified with CE/FCC/RoHS certified, 24 hours customer service and 1 year warranty. It is also to store when you travel.
- Reasonable price
- Good service
- Safe to use
- Slightly less quality wire cord
Buyer’s Guide for Buying a Charger for your Macbook Air
Deciding on which charger to get can be a hell of a task! To help with this challenging decision, we have a list of features for our readers that they should keep in mind when choosing one of the above chargers for their MacBook Air.
Make sure that the charger you’re willing to purchase is compatible with the model of MacBook Air you own. Manufacturers usually mention the models a charger can be used with so you should check them before ordering a charger.
Look for safety features such as over current, over-voltage, overload, and short circuit protection. You wouldn’t want to damage your MacBook due to any of these. Therefore, look for a charger with the above safety features so you can protect your notebook. Also, nobody wants to burn their hands due to an overheated charger: look for a charger that does not overheat and can resist low and high temperatures.
An original Apple charger costs around thrice as much as a regular replacement of some other brand costs. If you’re not willing to spend an amount as big as an 80 dollars, then you should go through the other replacements and compare prices to find the one that will provide the most value to your money.
Durability and longevity
Spending money again and again on MacBook chargers can be frustrating and annoying for anybody. Look for a charger that is made up of good quality material and has a flexible cable that does not get damaged or frays due to bending.
FAQ about MacBook Air Charger
What is the type of Mac Book Air Charger
Different models have different charging ports. In the case of MacBook Air, it encompasses the 45W MagSafe power adapter. This is the new concept added to the Air model, where prior models were supported with ‘L’ style connector. If you have any of the below mentioned MacBook Air models, you this 45W charger will be compatible:
- MacBook Air (11in, Mid 2012)
- MacBook Air (13in, Mid 2013)
- MacBook Air (11in, Mid 2013)
- MacBook Air (13in, Early 2014)
- MacBook Air (11in, Early 2014)
- MacBook Air (13in, Early 2015)
- MacBook Air (11in, Early 2015)
- MacBook Air (13in, Mid 2012)
- MacBook Air (13in, 2017)
Can you use your iPhone charger to charge your MacBook?
Generally, the iPhone charger is not built to deliver a high power, as required by the MacBook, which makes it incompatible to charge your MacBook. Even if you try to test the iPhone charger on your MacBook, your battery level will gradually drop regardless of the plugged-in charger.
The iPhone charger is intended for small devices, so it won’t be able to work with your MacBook. The power that an iPhone charger can deliver is commonly 5W, whereas the power required to charge your MacBook is 405, 60, etc which is far more than what an iPhone requires. So, even when you keep the charger plugged throughout the day, your MacBook won’t charge.
Can you use a MacBook Pro charger on a MacBook Air?
If you are using the MacBook Pro charger which is delivering higher power to what required for MacBook, it’s cool to use it without any problem. There will not be any problem using such a charger; however, it might be problematic if you are using the charger that is delivering low power to what is required by your MacBook. In such a case, there are high chances that the battery might be damaged causing further issues to your laptop.
Important information to share is, you should not use the high power charger all the time as it will also cause the problem to your laptop, affecting its life. Many of you might even get confused as the 85W and 60W chargers look identical, causing big confusion for you to choose until you read the details engraved on it.
Can you charge your MacBook air with power bank?
Yes, there are some good power banks that are capable to serve your needs and can charge your MacBook air without any problem. The power bank is capable to deliver the supply as required without any problem.
Battery drainage is the common and most annoying problem that most of you face during your work. However, the power bank is the best solution that can work for your MacBook air and deliver you the required supply. According to the stats, the power bank with above 10K storage can. However, it is still not suggested to use it until you have no other option to charge your laptop. When you have the charging adaptor, it’s better to consider it over the power bank.
Can you use your iPhone charger to charge your MacBook Air?
The MacBook Air requires 45W power for seamless charging, however, a standard mobile charger delivers only 5W output which is 9 times less than what your MacBook Air requires. So, using the iPhone charger for your MacBook Air is never a good idea. Even though, if you try to use the iPhone charger, you won’t be able to get any charging as the power is insufficient to deliver the right power to charge the battery. You will still experience the battery downfall which is a clear sign that the mobile charger is not appropriate for charging your MacBook Air.
There are some important questions related to MacBook charger that every MacBook owner must read and keep in mind ahead of replacing their existing charger.
Will the wrong charger damage your MacBook?
The simple answer is YES. If you are purchasing an unauthorized or incompatible charger and is using it without proper technical consultation, there is a high probability your MacBook might get damaged. Also, there is a misbelieve that a high power charger will charge your MacBook fast, which is not true at all. The high power charger will deliver the power as required by your laptop, without affecting its functionality and backup.
What if you continue charging your laptop for long hours?
This is the most common problem that people face in their day to day life. In the initial days when you put your MacBook on power for long hours, the laptop works fine, but with the passage of time, the battery capability starts to decline and the battery potential lowers, causing quick battery drainage problems. That’s the reason you are always recommended to unplug the charger when not in use or the laptop is fully charged.
What if you buy a local charger for MacBook?
You are never recommended to purchase a local charging cable for your MacBook. The reason behind is, you won’t be able to know the loose circuit or non-trusted components used in the charging cable, that might affect your laptop and harm its health.
So, this is all about the content that you should read before replacing your MacBook Air charger. Whether you are facing any issue with your existing charger or looking for an upgrade, it’s important to consider each and every point mentioned above before buying the new charger.
We anticipate that our buyer’s guide has given you a clear idea of what to look for when getting a charger and the detailed product reviews have equipped you with enough information to choose a replacement charger for your MacBook Air within your budget. We hope that you find the ideal one for yourself amongst our top 12 picks for the best MacBook Air chargers in 2020.