There are many people who are familiar with the metal cutting work and they know very well the tools used for the same. This work involves precise and rigorous cutting in an efficient manner. The choice of a high-quality plasma system can actually make a noticeable difference in the type of cut. You will observe a clean and smooth cut without any signs of inefficiency. The requirement arises to cut through electrically conductive materials like aluminum and stainless steel. For that, a plasma cutter helps a lot because it comes with an ionized gas named plasma. This gas is applied to the materials at a temperature more than 20,000 degrees Celsius. Important factors to consider when choosing the best plasma cutter are durability, efficiency, reliable power and price.
- Why should you use Plasma Cutters?
- Choose The Top 5 Best Plasma Cutters in 2019 Reviews On Amazon
- 5. Hobart 500566 Airforce 40i Plasma Cutter 240V:
- 4. SUNCOO Cut-50 Plasma Cutter Electric DC Inverter Machine with Digital Display Dual Voltage 110/220V,3/4″ Clean Cut:
- 3. Lotos Supreme LTP5500D Plasma Cutter, 55 AMP Digital Control CNC Non-Touch Pilot ARC Plasma Metal Cutter:
- 2. Goplus CUT-50 Electric Digital Plasma Cutter Inverter 50AMP 110-220V Dual Voltage Welder Cutting with Free Mask (Black):
- 1. Hypertherm Powermax45 XP Hand System w/o CPC – 20′ Leads:
- Also Read
Why should you use Plasma Cutters?
Choose The Top 5 Best Plasma Cutters in 2019 Reviews On Amazon
5. Hobart 500566 Airforce 40i Plasma Cutter 240V:
The fast cutting speed and the use of the latest cutting technologies are the appealing qualities of this plasma cutter from Hobart. This tool cuts metal similar to the way hot-knife cuts through butter. You can stay stress-free because the tool is extremely easy to use right from the box. There is no need to learn any skills to use this cutter. Its indicator lights are self-explanatory and they are easily identifiable as well.
Those users who have used this cutter mentioned that the tool possesses a lot of power, efficiency, portability and the latest technology. When compared to the features offered this Hobart plasma cutter is an affordable tool. Furthermore, it proves to be an outstanding option for DIYers, hobbyists, and light industrial users too. The Airforce 40i plasma cutter is ideal for both light and heavy industrial users; therefore, it is a versatile tool.
- With this plasma cutter, the greatest cutting of mild steel is 7/8 in at the duty cycle i.e. 50%. It can cut faster than the oxy-fuel.
- Latest technology i.e. Auto-Refire Technology enables the operator to cut pierced or expanded metals. Furthermore, the technology can also cut through painted or finished surfaces.
- This tool comes with an ergonomic trigger safety and efficient air consumption.
- During its operation, the maximum open-circuit voltage is 400V.
- Implementation of the wind tunnel technology keeps away rough dust and particles from harming the tool’s components
- This plasma cutter operates at 40 amps, you can efficiently clean cut steel up to ⅝” thickness using this tool.
- It can efficiently undertake almost anything a person throws at it. This ranges from unclean and corroded things to pierced and stretched materials as well.
- Users are benefitted with the thermal overload protection. Basically, this is a built-in feature that closes down the tool when it becomes extremely hot. You can hook it up to an engine driven welder for power.
- You need not worry about heat dissipation because the tool comes with post-flow air cooling technique. Once the process of cutting stops, you will find that there is the flow of cool air stream to prolong the life of the tips.
- This tool will turn on only when its temperature attains a certain level. You are benefitted with noise reduction and decreased energy consumption advantages.
4. SUNCOO Cut-50 Plasma Cutter Electric DC Inverter Machine with Digital Display Dual Voltage 110/220V,3/4″ Clean Cut:
The simple working operation and smooth cutting surfaces are the key specialties of this plasma cutter from SUNCOO. This electric tool is extensively used for cutting stainless steel, iron, copper, and aluminum metal etc. Designed for both demanding industrial and construction work, or home and hobby use.
Users are able to cut a wide range of materials including steel, stainless steel, mild steel, alloy steel, aluminum, copper, and several other metals. You will perceive that there is little maintenance and safe operation when you use this SUNCOO plasma cutter.
- The digital inverter plasma cutter operates at 50 Amp and it handles are capable to cut up to 3/4″.
- Its exceptional cutting performance is convenient for cutting stainless steel, carbon steel, copper, and
- Because the compact plasma cutting machine is useful for different applications like light industrial use, sheet metal fabrication, automotive, site work, ducting work, etc., it is a multi-functional tool.
- The process to assemble the hardware is not difficult. There is no necessity for professional tools.
- Due to its fast operation and accurate cut, the tool is applicable for widespread use, ranging from big scale industrial CNC applications to tiny hobbyist shops.
- Safe operation is guaranteed without the use of toxic gases and harmful chemicals. There are no possibilities of fire hazard allowing users to cut different materials more efficiently.
- It can be used in a wide range of application ranging from automotive repair and reinstallation, fabrication shops, and scrapping operations.
- This SUNCOO plasma cutter cuts like butter for smooth and efficient cutting.
3. Lotos Supreme LTP5500D Plasma Cutter, 55 AMP Digital Control CNC Non-Touch Pilot ARC Plasma Metal Cutter:
Lotos is one of the leading brands in the field of plasma cutter manufacturing. This plasma cutter model is an innovative and redesigned No-HF CUT series. In simple terms, this LTP5500D plasma cutter is non-high frequency start equipment. During its operation, there is no involvement of hazardous material. In this way, you can cut different materials safely and efficiently.
You will find this CNC cutting machine used in different applications like cutting alloy steel, copper, stainless steel, mild steel, and many different color metal materials. Its great portability and powerful feature make it an ideal choice for light duty small business tasks and home-based DIY jobs.
- The LTP5500D tool is CNC enabled and comes with non-HF blowback start. You will perceive that there is the absence of HF interference on the CNC computer you use.
- There is the presence of the non-HF start torch equipped with a central This type of arrangement saves your time when you connect the torch to the plasma cutter.
- In less than a minute, the plasma cutter can be set up. This is because it comes with the pre-installed NPT 1/4” industry type D plug as well as an air filter regulator. These components quickly get connected to the air compressor through the use of stand coupler present on your air compressor.
- There is the presence of non-HF start pilot arc torch along with a euro-type central connector. This kind of unique arrangement offers enhanced consumable life.
- There are no issues of inefficiency as the cutter uses the advanced IGBT inverter technology.
- Its “blow-back” type start is usually safe to use in CNC applications and for general use.
- This plasma cutter’s start type and pilot arc design allow you to cut on any type of metal surface. During the cutting process, there is no need to contact to strike an arc.
- You get all the necessary accessories in the package of the LTP5500D This includes power supply, consumables, blowback non-HF start cutting torch, pre-installed NPT 1/4” industry type D plug, ground clamp, and air filter regulator.
2. Goplus CUT-50 Electric Digital Plasma Cutter Inverter 50AMP 110-220V Dual Voltage Welder Cutting with Free Mask (Black):
One of the best budget plasma cutters is Goplus CUT-50 presented in black color and with an appealing design. At an affordable price, this plasma cutter provides excellent characteristics like lightness, reliability, fast cutting speeds and many more.
This model of an electric digital plasma cutter is the brand new and professional cutter. Due to its excellent features, the Goplus CUT-50 is extensively used for cutting mild steel, alloy steel, stainless steel, copper, and many other color metal materials.
- The Goplus CUT-50 adopts inverter technical of switch power. With the help of this technique, this cutter decreases the weight and overall dimensions of the main Furthermore, efficiency is raised by 30%.
- It comes with dual voltage ability that enables this plasma cutter to work at 110V or 220V. On the body of CUT-50 cutter, there is the presence of a portable handle. Using this handle, you can convey the tool almost anywhere.
- This digital plasma cutter can be conveniently used in an external temperature in the range of -10 degrees to +40 degrees.
- You get free mask along with this plasma cutter.
- You get to use the digitally advanced plasma cutter. It uses the most innovative invert technology and comes with the function to supply the gas ahead and shut down the supply of gas delayed.
- There are many characteristics that make it an efficient plasma cutter. This includes reliability, stability, lightness, energy saving, low noise, fast cutting speed, and smooth cutting.
- High efficiency is guaranteed with the great rated output range presented by this cutter. There is flexibility to let you operate the entire system at 20 amps for cutting through thinner metals. Alternatively, you can dial it up to 50 amps when there is a need to cut through thicker metals.
1. Hypertherm Powermax45 XP Hand System w/o CPC – 20′ Leads:
This type of plasma cutter is basically designed to be the backbone of any application demanding serious operation. The excellent performance is delivered with the use of high-quality parts. Implausible customer support network supports the working of this Hypertherm Powermax plasma cutter.
There are many aspects that justify the reason behind why it is one of the best-selling plasma systems. Based on observation, it came to know the Hypertherm Powermax 45 XP presents enhanced performance than the Hypertherm Powermax 45. Many appealing qualities of this plasma cutter are augmented cut capacity up to 16 mm metal, automatic gas adjustment for easy setup and working, and fast cutting speeds.
- The Hypertherm Powermax 45 XP plasma cutter is small in size and lightweight. These features offer extraordinary portability for a 16 mm rated cutting system.
- In this plasma cutter, there is the implementation of patented drag-cutting technology that allows you to use it easily for beginners.
- Use of Smart Sense technology guarantees that there is no inefficiency in setting the air pressure.
- It can accomplish the cutting job quickly with the cut speeds 1.5 times more than oxyfuel on 6 mm mild steel.
- Its excellent cut and gouge quality save the time spent for pulverizing and edge preparation.
- It can support automatic and handheld cutting of an extensive range of metal thicknesses. When you use this cutter, you obtain accurate gouging and greatest metal removal gouging.
- There is precise marking for identifying the part.
- Its instruction manual includes all the detailed steps to simplify the installation process and ways to use the machine. You will find proper guides and tables to use the plasma cutter properly.
In different applications, the need often arises to cut different materials with great accuracy and efficiency. Choosing a poor quality plasma cutter will spoil the whole cutting process. You can confidently pick any of these finest plasma cutters and get benefitted with the excellent results.